New York City, United States
US$180000.00 - US$220000.00 per annum
Title: Senior/Chief Estimator
HQ Location: Nassau/Suffolk border
Our client is a well-established, profitable firm offering Construction Management, General Contracting & Real Estate Development services throughout Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island. The firm works on a broad array of commercial and residential projects throughout NY, including retail, hotel, office, recreation and more. With a unique opportunity to grow they are looking to add an experienced Senior/Chief Estimator to assist in winning and managing all budgetary and financial feasibility of projects.
To help the firm on their path to expansion, by preparing proposals and winning new projects. Specific tasks include:
- Review design scope criteria, perform quantity take-offs, formulate undefined scope assumptions and develop cost estimates. Prepare estimate basis and bid documentation.
- Prepare cost studies, complex research, trend estimates, life cycle cost estimates for ground-up and Interior fit-out projects.
- Attend site visits, design reviews, contract negotiations, and proposal takeoff.
- Coordinate and attend meetings to successfully acquire new clients and projects.
- Work closely with owners, COO and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
- Build out best in class reporting, project management and employee development programs that allow the company to scale with minimal disruption.
- Communicate appropriately with clients, architects/engineers, and subcontractors to ensure all bids are accurate and can be completed on time and within budget.
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
· At least 15 years of Estimating experience in ground-up & Interiors construction with at least 5 of those years in a direct management capacity.
· Prior experience in both ground-up AND Interiors projects, as well as a great network and the ability to bring new projects to the company.
· Proven ability to run takeoffs and ensure subcontractor and supplier information and pricing is accurate
- First class references, strong leadership and communication skills and a can do, team focused proactive mentality.
- A home location that enables daily attendance to the office on Long Island
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits. The firm is also defining an incentive scheme that directly rewards those who bring in new business, deliver projects on time/budget as well as overall company growth.