New York, North America
US$90000.00 - US$120000.00 per annum
Title: Estimator - Carpentry
Our client is a well-established, profitable family-owned Contractor specializing in intricate carpentry services throughout the Westchester and CT areas. They cater to both the public and private arena and have made a name for themselves in the healthcare industry - as well as other commercial ventures. As they see continued opportunity for growth, they are looking to add an experienced and dedicated Estimator to assist in bidding and winning projects.
To leverage field experience, industry knowledge and solid analytical skills to prepare accurate quantity take-offs. Specific tasks include:
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a variety of carpentry construction opportunities, by reviewing, interpreting, and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using company software
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owner and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
ONLY candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
- At least 4 years of estimating experience - ideally in the carpentry construction industry
- Prior experience in Healthcare projects a plus
- Highly proficient in industry specific software, and a proven ability to meet project deadlines
- First class references, strong leadership and communication skills and a can do, team focused proactive mentality.
- A home location that enables daily attendance to the office in Westchester County.
Competitive Base + Benefits.