Brooklyn, New York
Our client is a well-respected fabrication company located in Brooklyn specializing in architectural millwork and retail spaces. They are continuing to grow and are fast becoming a powerhouse in the industry. They are looking for a Controller comfortable in a standalone role who will ultimately build out a team.
The Controller will oversee the financial reporting and ensure accurate financial data is in line with federal and state regulations for executives to make critical decisions for the business. Additional duties include:
- Perform financial reporting including P&Ls and balance sheets, tracking KPIs, expense reporting, job costing, budgeting, and tax filing.
- Assist in the formulating of sound financial strategies while implementing proper internal controls.
- Work seamlessly with all other departments to ensure continuous operations and detail flow.
- Build out an accounting team responsible for reporting controls and finance functions.
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualities can be considered
- At least five (5) years of experience as a controller at a general contractor in New York City or the surrounding boroughs.
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is ready to roll up their sleeves and can operate in a standalone position to start.
- Strategic planning skills along with exceptional fiscal & numerical proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills within all levels of the organization.
- Experience starting and building out a financial team.
Competitive Base + Benefits