New York, North America
US$120000.00 - US$225000.00 per annum
Title: Chief Estimator - Civil/Utility/Roads
HQ Location: Brooklyn
Our client is a well-established, profitable General Contractor specializing in intricate civil projects in the public and private arena. As they see continued opportunity for growth, they are looking to add an experienced Chief Estimator to assist in bidding and winning projects in the Civil, Utility, Roads, Highways & Waste/Marine sectors.
To leverage field experience, industry knowledge and solid analytical skills to prepare accurate quantity take-offs. Specific tasks include:
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a broad array of civil construction disciplines, by reviewing, interpreting and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using HCSS software
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owners, COO and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
ONLY candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
· At least 15 years of estimating experience in the heavy civil construction industry, with at least 5 of those years in a direct management capacity.
· Prior experience in DOT and/or local utilities a plus
· Highly proficient in industry specific software, including HCSS, P6 & AutoCAD
· Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- First class references, strong leadership and communication skills and a can do, team focused proactive mentality.
- A home location that enables daily attendance to the office in Brooklyn
Competitive Base + Benefits.