Poughkeepsie, New York
Our client is a well respected GC/Developer headquartered in Ulster County, NY that primarily focuses on affordable and senior housing projects. The company is growing and they need to bring on an Assistant Project Manager to join the team.
The Assistant Project Manager supports the project management team by keeping the project on schedule and within budget. The ideal candidate should be willing to grow and learn and do what it takes to support the Project Manager and the project team, have the passion to take on more responsibility over time
- Assist the project manager in project planning, project scheduling, cost monitoring, and cost control
- Negotiate/procure subcontractors/suppliers
- Effectively draft memos, reports and documents.
- Communicate project requirements to subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of change orders.
- Review amplified drawings for changes and clarifications.
- Review Submittals, RFIs, etc. from subcontractors and with owners.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as an Assistant Project Manager in general contracting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong client relations skills
- Ability to take on more responsibilities over time
- College graduate
- Competitive Base + Benefits